Recently I have been hearing plenty of discussions about the “value” of Facebook likes, Real vs. Fake. As usual, the majority of what I hear is wrong so I decided to get this done post to set things straight. Let me first start with explaining the difference between a “real” like and a “fake” like. A so called “real” like is a like that is certainly earned the “right” way… which means that the like was done with a real individual that found real value within your site or post or page or whatever and decided to offer you kudos by “liking” it…
Now to the “fake” like; the fake like is really a like which is generated at all besides what I described above. You can find a multitudes of different ways to get a fake like, too many for this particular post, but here are some:
1. Purchase like packages on microjob sites like Fiverr.com; you can buy a few hundred to some few thousand. These likes are more often than not generated using a bot (automated software program) that games Facebook security and erroneously adds dozens to 1000s of likes over days or weeks. The positive to this particular method is that it is cheap… the negative is the fact bots can be often be detected by Facebook security which can lead to your Facebook page being closed down. Recently Facebook announced it’s wants to ramp up detection, you can read a good article regarding it here.
2. Purchase likes coming from a microworker site. This technique involves buying “credits” or “tokens” on sites like Welikehits.com. These internet websites allow you to setup a free account with your Facebook profile and then others get credits by liking your page or sharing,etc. You pay from $5-$100 to purchase credits that you then “spend” when someone likes your page; you can buy several thousand credits for $10-$25 normally. The advantage of these websites is that real individuals with real accounts are liking your page, no automated script or bot… the negative is the fact that way these likes come your way is thru a gateway page using a set ip address… meaning that it is very easy for Facebook to inform that these particular were bought, and so not count them.
Here are a few of the benefits of fake likes:
1. Usage of Facebook Analytics. Facebook only allows you to the access the analytics percentage of your user interface When you reach 30 likes. Through getting fake likes, you can access your information faster.
2. Usage of Facebook vanity URL. Facebook lets you use a vanity URL only after you have 25 likes… the vanity URL is vital right from the start, it enables you to have facebook/yourkeyword again, fake likes gives you access to this feature rapidly.
3. Nobody would like to like a page which includes zero likes… psychologically individuals are FAR more prone to click that like button if we already have several hundred or several thousand likes.
4. SEO value. Social signals are essential to SEO right now… some say around 1/3 in the puzzle… regardless of the the quantity is actually, should you do SEO you KNOW that things like followers,likes, etc play a crucial role in gfhisr keywords on yahoo. Should you be struggling to generate these social signals the “right” way, obtaining the fake ones is preferable to nothing.